Before diving into the installation, take a moment to ensure everything is in order for a smooth process:
- Check all parts are present in your box
- Remove all protective packaging
- If wall-mounting, check the wall is strong enough to support the towel rail, with water inside
- Ideally you’ll be installing directly onto brick or other masonry.
- If installing onto a stud wall, attach the towel rail directly to the wooden batons.
Floor Mounted Installation
If you have purchased a floor-mounted towel rails, follow these instructions:
- Fix the top flanges to the radiator and otherwise fully assemble the structure of the radiator.
- Put the radiator against the wall where it is required to go.
- Mark the positions of the holes for the screws, on the floor and the wall.
- Remove the radiator from its position.
- Drill the holes into the floor and the wall to suit the rawl plugs provided.
- Return the radiator to its desired position and secure the flanges using the screws provided.
Wall Mounted Installation
If you have purchased a wall-mounted towel rail, follow these instructions:
- Remove the wall-fixing pegs from the radiator, or otherwise find them in the box.
- Mark out the hole positions for the wall-fixing pegs on the wall.
- Drill the holes and fix the pegs into position, using the screws and rawl plugs provided.
- Push the radiator over the wall-fixing pegs and secure the radiator using the grub screws.
Fixing Radiator Valves
Properly attaching the radiator valves is essential for efficient operation. Follow these instructions carefully:
- When installing the radiator valves to your radiator, you must use a substantial length of PTFE Tape to wrap around the threads before screwing into the radiator.
- Make sure the inlets for the radiator valves are pointing towards the pipework.
- Connect the copper pipes to the radiator valves and secure them by tightening the compression nut.
- Check for leaks.